WEDDING PLANNER vs WEDDING STYLIST - What’s the difference and which is best for you?
Wedding planning is an exciting and special time for couples, however from creating the guest list, to choosing a venue and everything in between – there is a lot to think about!
To help ease the stress, we’re breaking down the difference between Wedding Planners, Wedding Stylists and On Day Wedding Coordinators so you can decide which is best for you in order to create your perfect day.
Wedding Planner: For couples who want to sit back and have it all taken care of - from day one!
On average, it takes around 250 hours to plan a wedding - if this sounds overwhelming for you and your fiancé, a full-service wedding planner is an ideal option.
With our Full Service Event Planning we do all the hard work for you; from budgeting and logistics, all the way through to design details and food menus. Perfect if you have no idea where to start and want most of the wedding planning taken care of so it’s easy and stress-free.
WEDDING PLANNER DUTIES:
- Supports you throughout the whole wedding planning process
- Works with you to determine and manage a budget you’re comfortable with
- Assists with venue selection
- Helps find the best vendors to suit your budget and manages their contracts
- Works with you on all design details (everything you want and need, from save the dates, to
table decorations and flowers). We love collaborating with our clients, but are happy to take
the lead with your initial guidance if you’d prefer to leave it with us!
- Curates a personalised mood board with your agreed design details and sources all the
- Creates a wedding day timeline
- Coordinates vendors on the wedding day and will stay throughout to ensure everything runs
smoothly. That way, you and your fiancé can sit back and have a stress-free day!
Wedding Stylist: For couples who want the design details to be PERFECT.
If you’re happy to take care of the general planning and budgeting yourself, but the visual look and feel is your top priority and you’d like some creative help, a wedding stylist is the right option.
With our Wedding and Event Styling service, our focus is on the aesthetics and helping you create a wedding that has the most considered and beautiful design details. From flower arrangements, to table and lighting design – we can help you with unique finishing touches you may not have thought of yourself. Whether it be a whiskey table for the gents or an elegant floral chandelier that will really wow your guests.
WEDDING STYLIST DUTIES:
- Curates your wedding design concept with the help of mood and Pinterest boards
- Helps find the best vendors to suit your personal wedding style
- Creates a personalised mood board with all styling elements, including colour palettes,
flowers, furniture and lighting
- Sources all elements (ceremony furniture, signage, reception furniture, linen, menus, place
cards, cutlery, crockery, candles and florals.)
- Ensures all creative elements are cohesive throughout
- Manages décor vendors on the day and their contracts
On Day Wedding Coordinator: For couples who want to relax on the wedding day and ensure everything runs smoothly.
If you have expert organising skills and have a handle on all the design elements, but just want to make sure everything runs to schedule on the big day with no hiccups, an on-day wedding coordinator is perfect for you.
With our On Day Coordination service once you’ve done the planning in the months leading up, we will oversee all logistics on the actual day so you can sit back and relax. This includes set up, managing all vendors and making sure everything happens as it should throughout the wedding.
ON DAY WEDDING COORDINATOR DUTIES:
- Works with you around a month before the big day to create and manage your wedding day
- Gets in touch with all your vendors ahead of the wedding to introduce themselves as the main
point of contact on the day. At this stage, will also ensure everything is on track and that all
vendors are clear on the wedding day timeline
- Responsible for ensuring everything is executed perfectly on the day - from ceremony and
reception set up, through to when dinner is served and when you’ll have your first dance
- Manages all vendors on the day
All our wedding planning services are bespoke and can be tailored to suit you and your fiancé's personal requirements. Regardless of your budget or wedding size, we love working with couples to help create their dream day!
You can book a free consultation here where we can get to know each other and discuss how we can help create your perfect wedding day.
Learn more about our wedding services hereor get in touch here.